SimaPro – a professional all-in-one-tool – allows you to build complex life cycle models in a systematic and transparent way. It offers large integrated databases, easy to interpret results and powerful features to assist with sensitivity analyses.
SimaPro is used for a variety of applications, such as:
- ISO 14040 compliant life cycle assessments (LCAs)
- Carbon footprints
- Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
- Determining key performance indicators
- Product design and eco-design
- Environmental reporting (GRI)
- An intuitive user interface that guides you through streamlined LCA or an ISO 14040:2006 compliant LCA
- Easy to use but powerful enough to model complex product systems, such as those involving allocation between multiple output processes, avoided products in recycling processes, complex waste scenarios etc.
- Monte Carlo analysis for quantitative assessment of data uncertainty
- The option to use parameters to simplify your models and give you the flexibility to easily change values or assumptions – ideal for sensitivity analyses (switching between values), scenario analyses (specify a range of values for a parameter), and defining non-linear relationships
- Seamlessly combine environmental Input Output data with process based LCA data to create hybrid LCAs
- Import and export functions to easily share data with others
- Transparent unit process data format that allows you to trace your results back to the underlying data in a few mouse clicks
- Filtering options for all results so that you don’t get drowned in the detail
- Value chain analysis in which you can readily identify the “hot spots” using the process tree
- Grouping of results for tailor-made presentation of results so that you can readily assess the contribution of different processes and life cycle stages to the overall results
The power of transparency
With SimaPro you can access the life cycle inventory data at all stages of your model and results. This transparency is powerful when it comes to analysing complex products and processes. All results can easily be traced back to their origin allowing you to identify the inventory stage or data responsible, find errors, and understand the “hotspots” in your value chain.
The transparent unit process data format is also uniquely powerful for
- identifying limitations in the dataset (e.g. easily see what is included in the unit process input list without needing to read the entire data report),
- adjusting the dataset for a different context (e.g. by replacing one electricity grid mix for another).
An LCA is only as good as the data it uses. To effectively build and analyse LCA models, transparent, high quality and widely accepted inventory data are required for commonly used materials and processes. SimaPro includes databases with a broad international scope, including the well-known ecoinvent database, and a library with 17 impact assessment methods. All datasets are harmonised regarding structure, nomenclature and fit well with the impact assessment methods.
SimaPro has several inventory databases and impact assessment methods to choose from
|Databases included standard in SimaPro:||ecoinvent v.3, Agri-Footprint, US LCI, ELCD, US Input Output, EU and Danish Input Output, Swiss Input Output, LCA Food, Industry data v.2.|
|Databases available as an add-on:||IVAM, Japanese input-output.|
|Impact assessment methods included:||ReCiPe, ILCD 2011, USEtox, IPCC 2007, EPD (2013), Impact 2002+, CML-IA, Traci 2.1, BEES+, Ecological Footprint, EDIP 2003, Ecological scarcity 2013, EPS 2000, Greenhouse Gas Protocol and others, including 9 Water Footprint Methods.|